Updated: 07/16/2020 – 10:43
Home cooking at its best
Our classic: beef soup with marrow dumplings and egg cream
Our beef soup with marrow dumplings and egg cream is one of the classic soups! Strong seasoning and delicious ingredients: that’s how good it tastes!
And here’s how it’s done:
- For the broth, halve the onion with the skin on and roast in a skillet without fat until the cut surfaces are dark brown. Clean and wash or peel the vegetables.
- Put about 3 liters of cold water in a saucepan. Rinse the soup meat and the shank, place them in the water and slowly bring to a boil. Skim off the rising foam. Then reduce the heat and add the salt, peppercorns, bay leaf, juniper berries and cloves.
- Add the golden onion halves and vegetables. Let the broth simmer over low heat for about 3 hours.
- Pass the broth through a sieve. Clean the carrots, celery and leek to add them to the soup, if necessary peel them and cut them into small pieces. Cook in the broth for about 10 minutes. Use the meat for something else, for example in a meat salad.
- For the egg cream, combine the eggs, milk, a pinch of nutmeg and salt in a bowl. Brush a cup with butter, pour in the egg mixture and leave to set in a bain-marie for about 30 minutes. Take out, let cool and cut into cubes.
- For the marrow dumplings, remove the marrow from the bones and heat 50g in a saucepan. Then pass through a sieve and leave to cool. Wash the parsley, dry it and chop it very finely. Put the pulp in a bowl and stir until smooth. Stir in the egg, breadcrumbs and parsley and season with salt. Form small balls from the finished mass and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a little broth in a saucepan and simmer the meatballs for 5 to 6 minutes over low heat. When the balls rise to the surface, they are cooked.
- Arrange the marrow balls, egg cream, carrots, celery and leek in deep plates and pour the broth over them.
Our Strong beef soup with marrow dumplings and egg cream is truly a unique taste experience. Can’t get enough of soups? Then try our Blitz minced meat soup. Our potato and sauerkraut soup is particularly hearty. This recipe is even ideal for losing weight!
You can find our tastiest summer soups in our photo gallery:
We have collected a variety of recipes for soups and real home cooking on our detailed theme pages. Feel free to browse our diet soup recipes.
AD: Why not just have your next purchase delivered to your home? Click here to access the REWE online shop.