Sometimes all the men around Anne Baun suddenly get sick. No, not Corona – but the man is cold. The Fulda cookbook author then makes chicken soup. It helps.
- In our recipe series “Of course I cook” there is today chicken soup
- The recipe comes from a cookbook author Anne Baun out of Fulda
- You can start the new year healthy with a delicious beet salad
Fulda – evil tongues claim yes, chicken soup would help so well with a cold because the poor chicken always like that antibiotics to be stuffed. Personally, I have no particular affection for the abuse of antibiotics, nor for conventionally raised meat. chickens. So the handle is on Organic Products inevitable; and no one can blaspheme that in my soup antibiotics swim around.
If you don’t want meat, you can simply boil a soup chicken and get a strong chicken broth. And who wonders why the onions be added to soup without skin: This is a trick of the old chief of Boniface Monastery in Hünfeld, brother Carl. He betrays in his recipe book “Brother Karl cooks brilliantly” this trick, because then the soup takes on a wonderful color.
“Of Course I Cook”: A Chicken Soup Recipe
chicken soup can be varied. If you don’t fancy the classic version (see Recipe) which may have a kitchen detour for China undertake and instead of normal glass noodles use a peeled piece Ginger add when cooking as well as a decent dash Soya sauce and something Cayenne pepper. snap peas and mushrooms add more spice to the soup.
for a chicken soup in the French style will be two more stems of thymetwo bay leaves and a decent shot White wine added. Hmmm….. Well then: Bon appetit. Or heal soon.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
1 organic chicken (approx. 1.2 kg) or 1 organic chicken
2 stalks of leeks
1 parsley root
2 bay leaves
1. That Chicken Rinse well inside and out. Put in a pot and cover with cold water (approx. 1.5 l). Bring gently to the boil, then lower the temperature and cook for about an hour and a half with the bay leaves and the onions (with the skin!) cooking. Remove the resulting foam. Soup Salt 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
2. Meanwhile vegetables wash, clean and chop. Add everything after about 1 hour and cook. Depending on how long the pasta will be used, add them all at once.
3. Chicken remove from broth, allow to cool, remove skin and Meat detach from the bone. Cut into bite-size pieces and return to the broth. the bay leaves and the onions remove from soup.
4. Boil everything again, pepper and serve.
In the video: Chicken soup – Why it really helps with colds
author and series
“Of course I cook” declares war on bagged soups and frozen pizzas. Here, everything is homemade: from hollandaise sauce to tiramisu, from vanilla pudding to sauerbraten.
journalist and author Anne Baun de Fulda has taken many of her grandmother’s recipes and modernized them, but has also transformed current nutritional trends. And before the expensive superfoods are processed, it is worth visiting the regional weekly market. Fresh, seasonal and homemade: the series has been appearing for more than three years “Of course I cook” every Friday in the Journal of Fulda.